But, wouldn't it be different from one country to the next? One can't compare socialized medicine in Aruba to Greece or from Greece to France. The systems from New Zealand to England or Canada just can't be compared. Well, I assume this just out of speculation and I suppose socialized medicine depends on how well the medical establishment was prior to being socialized. In a sense our health care system is socialized into two categories, those that pay and those that don't. Although, for those who are covered one way or another will receive better care then the person not covered. I wonder what will happen first, a two class society or socialized health care? I do have to say that having 40 plus million people in the US not medically covered is an embarrassment. Sending money overseas while we have people living without electricity or plumbing or with no roof over their heads is an embarrassment. I believe we live in a great country but some things are just not right. From the beginning it has always been that way from one perspective or another.

I got off subject...sorry.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better