Think that's high? My HMO premiums are $1991.00/mo. That's for my wife and I. We are self emplyed and have our own small group plan which includes drugs, vision and dental. She is 55 and I am 61 and age makes a huge difference.

I am interested in comparisons of different countries health care systems. I understand that one of the best is in Sweden but the tax rate in enormous.

If the government here can barely run the DMV, can't control our borders, give phony info on WMD's in Iraq, what makes you think they can run a health care system? I do agree that changes need to be made and the safety net expanded to cover the lower middle classes. It seems that if you have nothing and are completely broke then you can typically get free health care through the county medical care systems and in some counties it can be very good. But if you own a house (even if its "under water") or a car worth more than 4K then you have to divest or sign over your meager assets before Medical will kick in. This group is in the "donut hole" and need the most help. Petey was a good example of that.

I don't think that the average American is arrogant but we certainly have some arrogant politicians - on both sides of the aisle.

Angel -your time frame seems a little long. It was 2 1/2 months from initial Dx to start of Tx for me. Your initial protocol was pretty fast though. I had 2 rounds of antibiotics and 6 months passed before I was refered to an ENT.

Last edited by Gary; 12-14-2008 06:46 PM.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)