I agree - there is no easy answer to the medical systems in either of our countries. Sometimes even throwing more $$$ at a problem doesn't fix it.

I am very hopeful that my good friends who struggle to deal with co-pays or God forbid, NO insurance, find some relief. It is one of my strongest held beliefs that I am no more worthy of health care than my neighbour - regardless of my financial ability to pay - or lack thereof!

I know our CancerCare system is also going to bend and severely strain under the weight of the baby boomers. Our H & N Support Group once had the CEO of CancerCare speak at our monthly meeting - by the end of it I almost said "whew, I'm so GLAD I got cancer NOW!!!"

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)