Hi there, fellow food-lovers and calorie monsters!!! Happy Leap Day! I'm really enjoying our discussion and am getting good ideas from you all. I forgot to mention what is maybe THE most nutritious, calorie-rich, GOOD-fatty food: avocado! My sisters convinced me that it's the magic food of the universe, so I started making mild quacamole with it (mash it up, add sour cream and salt, and garlic if you can tolerate it). Of course if you like it, just eat it plain. For you, Debz, I thought it would be useful because it's very slippery so won't be sticky like cheese is. It's easy for the rest of the family to add stuff (lemon or lime, hot sauce, onions, etc.) to theirs after I take mine out of the bowl. I would just eat it with a spoon before I could manage bread or tortillas. Very satisfying, too. Nice texture. SOOO .... Happy eating, and I hope you enjoy every calorie! Good night for now (it's almost 9:30 for me), and take care. You are in my prayers every day.

Non-smoker non-drinker, 50 when diagnosed 9/11/06 stage IV scc of oropharnyx, malignant lymph nodes both sides of neck. Cause=HPV16. Daily chemo & daily IMRT for 7 weeks. In 2 clinical trials at Johns Hopkins, good results. Peg tube out March 07. Update September 2014: gratefully in good health!