Christine i am going to try that recipe tomorrow sounds yum i hope i can do it.

Hi Carol, grin i had my best week yet eating wise i cant believe i found a solid food i can eat im loving it....for me i dont have pain problems any more my thing now is no saliva thats causing all my problems, i love your idea about a party i did just make everyone some cookies as a thank you for helping me through they went over really well plus i have never beena cookie lover so i didnt care that i couldnt eat them...LOL

pre treatment my most loved foods where fresh bread and cheese in all combinations...bagel cream cheese...cheese and onion sandwiches...right now i cant eat either of them they are too sticky for me so i am really missing them, my fav cheese that melts is sharp cheddar love that on toast.mmmmmmmm

i am doing ok weight wise i was very over weight pre treatment so loosing 46lbs so far has made me look great...typical right crazy i have a spare 15lbs on me right now i wouldnt mind loosing ;)(my hubby doesnt agree) but im not concerned with weight just getting all the nutrition i need so i can loose the peg tube.

we are going to get a slow cooker tomorrow so i can make my own stews that way i can make a big pot eat all day and change it up just untill i can eat bread and cheese again.i will let you know what recipes i use and what works for me.

really nice to read you...Debz

Last edited by auntypebbles; 02-28-2008 01:53 PM.

Age 40 Diagnosed with stage 4 SCC tongue, sept 07 started 35 radiation treatments and 3 chemo Had my first follow up PET - got the all clear 17th April 2008.
26th Had my PEG tube removed...eating almost everything. Was hard but learned to eat without saliva, it's so good to chew and swallow food!