I need to make several prefaces to the following remarks. 1st, JoAnne and I have been communicating via e-mail for quite some time now and many of her e-mails have had me laughing for hours afterwards-just like the Jenny Craig dinner comment. I've got her beat in the cooking department, but she's way ahead of me in her nursing skills and her ability to find ways to cope using humor and wisdom at the same time. One of the things that has often been revealed to me on OCF is how much we all do have in common. My husband used to be in charge of the grocery shopping and did more than his share of the cooking [altho I had to teach him the "Southern" way of doing things:D]When I started going to Walmart with the list, John would tell me what isle to find each item on. We used to split the household chores and we went to work together every day. Just like most here, this disease has changed our lives forever. It has made us appreciate our marriage and partnership more, it has confirmed why we fell in love and it has revealed to us the strengths we did not know we had. Barbara, I,too, have hovered [still am] and have earned the nickname "Nurse from Hell" that John fondly [I think] calls me. But we are in this fight together and since he is working so hard, I am going to do the same. [Sometimes our directions are a bit different, but that's to be expected]. So, Barbara, welcome to the Caregivers' Club. Just remember, you got friends here and support when you need it. Fondly, Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: