Barbara,

Don't let him fall behind on his water and eating. Not one day! That's one of the best things you can do for him. Eating a little is not the goal. He will fight you on this but be persistent. It can lead to all sorts of problems. I'm not saying you will be 100% successful but the more you get in him the better off everything will be. I fell behind often and wound up in the ER twice and the hospital once. I would even lie to my wife about how much I had had just so I didn't have to go through the pain and nausea.

Denial is normal, we all went through that. It's our way of mentally adjusting to our Dx.

As far as the "easier cure"... I told everybody, including my docs, how barbaric I thought this Tx was. I wasn't worried about the cancer as much as I was about the Tx. I survived the Tx first and the cancer second. I understand that Tx we are recieving today is better than it used to be, at least from the long term side effects.

Hang in there, both of you.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.