Steph, here are some [hopefully] "how too's" to get through the next 18 months to 2 yrs. Be prepared for any family Holidays [Thanksgiving, Christmas, your Mom's birthday, etc.] to present difficult moments and tears. For those occasions, get out your favorite pictures, cook something that she would have loved, repeat a ritual or decorating scheme as she would have, spend some time talking about wonderful memories you shared at each of these times. Your Mom is gone from this life, but she will always be part of you and your family. It took me 18 months to clear out my Mother's house and disperse the contents, and I still have lots of things I'm not ready to let go of after 6 years.[some of them really dumb] Grieving is a natural part of living. You CAN grieve and function at the same time. Remember to celebrate her life! Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: