Stephany,

I agree with Gary. You are experiencing the normal stages of grief. Everyone is different, but I can tell you that it does get easier. I still miss Heather terribly and seeing her daughter is a constant reminder of all that has been lost. But I find that I don't cry as much anymore, although sometimes the tears come just out of the blue.

I, too, still have anger, but it has lessened somewhat. I can't imagine that I will ever totally lose my anger over the situation, but it doesn't confront me every day anymore.

I don't think anyone ever "gets over" the loss of a loved one. You just have to go on with your life and eventually the pain eases. Be prepared, though, for you may find that your feelings intensify around important dates, like birthdays and holidays or the anniversary of the death. At least I found that to be so.

You should consider possibly getting an antidepressant, as well as grief counseling. Take heart, it will get better.

Rosie

Was primary caregiver to my daughter Heather who had stage IV base of tongue SCC w/ primary recurrence. Original diagnosis August 21st, 2002. Primary recurrence March 18th, 2003. Died October 6th, 2003.