Hi Stephany,

I've only just read your message and my heart goes out to you and your family. Sincere condolences on the loss of your mom. Like yourself, we've just lost our beautiful sister who had surgery, chemo and radiation and was in her 3rd week of recovery. Such high hopes of a full recovery by all including the doctors! She just stopped breathing one morning. They said it was pneumonia. So hard to accept after we had the laboured breathing checked out by emmergency and her Primary Healthcare doctors for pneumonia. Keep wondering what signals we missed. We never left her side since she was diagnosed. Will never recover from this loss. She had just turned 50 and had such a positive outlook.

It gives me comfort knowing that she is in a better place with no pain, at Jesus's feet. We also asked for donations to be sent to the OCF which has been of tremendous help to us. Thx to all of you in making us more aware and better equipped caregivers.

God Bless
Emily

Caregiver to Rose: SCC Stage IV,radical neck disection, free forearm flap, 2 lymph nodes positive, Surgery on tongue - Mar05, IMRT (30) and Chemo (5)completed 8-Jun-05. Passed on 29-Jun-05 but will always be in our hearts.