Hey guys,
I agree...what a horrible thing to say. I have read a really good book after Dan's diagnosis and during his treatment called, "Where is God when it hurts", by Phillip Yancy. What I love most about the book is that it talks about all the wrong things that are said to people suffering and how there doesn't have to be a reason that we ever know now...it's a fallen world and some bad things just happen. It's a very good read and helped me not have to try and figure out why, but like Gary said...how we react to it all. It's such a fearful, horrific thing to go thru cancer, but I have found that not asking God why or blaming any certain thing and just realizing that things happen has helped me deal with it a bit better. I just pray for everyone here and ask God to help me have strength, courage and wisdom to deal as I need to.
Take care and God bless,
Debbie

Debbie - Caregiver for husband, Dan, diagnosed with tongue cancer 7/03. Partial gloss., mod. neck dissections, graft. Recurrence neck tumor 12/03. Radical left neck dissection 12/24/03-unable to get all the tumor. 8 weeks chemo/rad beginning 1/12/04.