Hi Tammy,

Just an update on my situation. I had the PET scan. It showed that the tumor had grown in the floor of my mouth and in my tongue and it looks like it may have spread to some of the lymph nodes still left in my neck. It's amazing how fast it grows. I had heard that radiation attacks the fastest growing cells first so I asked the radiologist if, since it was growing so fast, that meant the radiation might be more effective on it. He said medical data didn't support that theory. He suggested increasing the radiation dosage even more, extending it by a week and doing three doses of Cisplatin. I asked him what my chances were. He said poor. I asked how long I had if it didn't shrink the tumor. He said maybe a few weeks after treatment was done but that I should talk to the oncologist about that. In other words, if he's right, hold off on planning Thanksgiving. I have an appointment with an oncologist next week. I am going to try to get through treatment but I may be just wasting precious time. I guess I'll find out.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with me.

Marv

Bad Golfer