Hi Tammy, I have to admire your husband. He certainly has been through a lot. I'm glad to hear that he's leading a good life now. He deserves it after what he's been through. I'm not sure what is different about my situation but, when two oral surgeons from different hospitals say they wouldn't recommend surgery and that they would not do it themselves, it makes me leery about the end results. As far as a total glossectomy, I thought that I might end up with one when I had my surgery and I agreed to it. And that was with one of the surgeons who recommended against this. I ran into another guy in radiation that had 11 years of being cancer free after having 60% of his tongue removed. His cancer came back and his surgeon recommended against surgery for him too. It was a surgeon I never heard of. His situation sounds just like mine ( location, depth etc. of the tumor) except for the 11 years of being cancer free. So, at this point, I'm going with the recommendation of the two surgeons and an oncologist. I have a PET scan in less than a week to see if it's spread. I can tell by how it feels that it's growing quite rapidly. It's starting to cause a lot of swelling in both sides of my chin and neck. It changes almost daily. To get to stage 2 in within 4 weeks of having clear margins is amazing to even the doctors.

Again, thank you for reaching out to me. It's nice to hear a positive come out of this type of situation.

Bad Golfer