Yes Don you are right the lesions or the cancer has ulcerated to the surface [quote=donfoo]Cheryl,

As Ina has mentioned she is on a really thin and filtered line of communication, having to go through a set of relatives first then having Joyce not fully forthcoming herself.

Your passion is great to help but there seems very little ability for Ina to ask and receive answers to any meaningful questions. It really seems she is on receiving end and just gets tidbits here and there.

From what I have read it seems simply the cancer has ulcerated to the surface. My recollection is that was going on before Erbitux was started.

don[/quote]

Don,

You are right the cancer ulcerated to the surface of her right face. That is where all the cancer started (tongue and lower mandible).

The purpose of the radiation and chemo was to treat the ulceration and cure the cancer.

For some reason the ulceration is not healing therefore they are extending the Erbitux to 2 more sessions. One this August 1st and the last one August 8th. Then Joyce said that the doctor wants her to take oral chemo medication.

I am not sure why the inlaws are not calling the doctor directly. I am sure "denial" is another factor.

Thanks again for all your help. I will continue to keep you posted.

Ina

Joyce March 1940 to January 2014
A wife, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
She fought oral cancer from late 2009 to Early 2014.
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.