Agreed but often times it is the family that pushes for treatment. The one thing I would say is if it hasn't spread other than in that area (no lung mets etc...) maybe there is hope. Has the cancer broken through the surface of the skin or is it a lump you can see in the jaw area? This to me would make a difference. The tube should have been there from the outset to keep her hydrated and nourished, then chemo and radiation should have been done after initial surgery. It may take her weeks to put weight back on. During this time the cancer will be growing. Hugs to you. Hopefully she gains enough strength to get through it. Cancer is a wasting disease my friend was 65lbs when she died. she was literally a skeleton with skin. It was horrible. If she is already in this state it will be a LONG battle to get back to normal enough to fight. take care.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan