Yes -Ina is in Florida but her MIL is in the Philippines - sadly - I sense this is why her medical care has been wonky from the get go. And why Ina has been asking for advice - ;o)

If you are in a position where you have to pay for all of your medical care, you need to research what your best odds are for survival and follow that route from the outset. Unfortunately greed plays a big role in the medical establishment and their suggestions.

I am so sorry that finances even have to play a role in her survival though I know for many here it does. Often people put off going to the dr. because they can't afford it etc... (usually until the problem is very serious and needs extensive care)

She doesn't have any medical insurance?

Prayers to you and your family. But based on the description you were giving us a while back the treatment they were trying on her was a last ditch effort and aimed more at lining the drs. pockets, than actually cure her.

Hugs my dear.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan