[quote=Cheryld]Ditto. If the lesions are still there the cancer is still there and will continue to grow and progress, and the chemo will not, as far as I know of this cancer, do anything to stop it - unless they have a new chemo that we've never heard of. Chemo merely "softens" up the tumor so the radiation can kick its butt! Since she's finished rads it may work with the residual radiation but I doubt two chemos will do the trick on a tumor that is big enough to be visible on the surface of the skin. Not to be negative, but way back even before all of this recent treatment it sounded very advanced, even though I was hoping I was wrong. Has it shrunk enough to be surgically removed? (though operating now so soon after radiation would be a healing nightmare) or since her cancer is on the surface and clearly visible, phototherapy may help assuming the cancer hasn't spread elsewhere - have they suggested this? It's is an advanced stage progressive cancer... If radiation didn't kill it chemo won't.

Great on the weight gain! smile

Best of luck![/quote]

Hello Cheryl, I will mention the phototherapy. The cancer is on the surface and clearly visible. Like my problem before, I am no longer in the loop. My husband just mentioned this morning that the lesion on the face is still fresh and did not heal. The doctor would not surgery remove the lesion. So I am clueless about what they are thinking of doing now.

Let us see after 2 weeks what is going on.

Thanks again!

Joyce March 1940 to January 2014
A wife, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
She fought oral cancer from late 2009 to Early 2014.
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.