glad you are finally able to rest!
Insomnia is the worst. It is so frustrating and stressful watching the clock tick away and caulculating in your head how much sleep you would get if you fell asleep at that moment. I have always struggled with it, but it got out of hand during and after treatment. I have tried everything under the sun, and if I am having one of those nights, nothing seems to work! I tried ambien (12 mg time release), lunesta, adivan, lexapro, marijuana, and a combination of several of those, and some nights it just didn't work.

In the end, adivan (anti-anxiety) seemed to work the best for me. The insomnia finally went away for the most part, but i still take the lorazepam several nights a week if I feel like my mind is racing. I tend to go in cycles of weeks that i cant sleep, then ill be fine for a while. I am in one of my sleepless cycles right now... last night i ended up taking hydrocodone, hydropmorphone(for biopsy pain), ambien and lorazepam until i was finally able to fall asleep at 2am. Sorry for the long rant, i think i am slightly delirious from exhaustion smile

Anyway, you are not alone! hang in there!

Emily - 24 years old at diagnosis
HPV-, no risk factors
T2N2b Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Left oral tongue, poorly differentiated
Hemiglossectamy, reconstruction, partial neck dissection
30 Radiation treatments, weekly chemo (cisplatin)
1/13/12 last day of treatment
Diagnosed October 2011