Hi Debbie,
My mom had some similar issues, I recall the ENT telling her to watch for trouble swallowing with the swelling. I agree with Eric, if the pain increases I would call right away. If you are still troubled maybe call the office and ask. My mom went through many ups and downs, after a while she/we were able to tell when something needed to be addressed immediately. As for the neck issue, many do experience changes, some are only temporary. I don't see it here in your signature, did Pat have a neck dissection? It is highly recommended that lymph edema therapy be started as soon as surgeon gives an ok, so that he will have mobility, less swallowing issues, and the neck doesn't feel like hard like wood. Best wishes!

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.