We didn't get out the other day, BUT, we did get out today since I had an out of town meeting in Orlando. Pat came with me AND went to the mall, after my meeting we went to Steak and Shake and he ACTUALLY ATE french fries and a milkshake! This morning a cheese omelet before we left. This may actually be his first 2000 calorie day! We are still pretty much in shut down mode after 5ish, that's when the gunk starts and the throat dries out and starts getting painful, any night time tips would be appreciated. Temp is still slightly up just at night but never over 100. Neck is totally healed and never looks like anything was done. We see the Dr on Tuesday and I requested bloodwork. I am also going to talk to them about taking a culture of the mucous just to make sure there is no infection since I have a sore throat and drainage (Pat thinks it is out of sympathy :-) . Anyway, GREAT day and 1 week and 2 days after the final radiation see a HUGE difference. One thing that really helped was an old school pharmacist that advised me to give him and OTC antihistamine. This has worked fantastic on the build up of mucous at night. The outing really did Pat good today and the weather is not an issue, we are in Florida and it was 84 today :-)

Debbie, caregiver to Pat my loving husband of 32 years. T1
N2a M0 squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of tongue. Started on concurrent cisplatin and radiation, first
cycle was 09/26/2011, 35 rad, 2 chemo. Last Rad 11-11-11 at 1!!!!