Hi Debbie, Pat sounds so much like my brother after he finished radiation, in that every day was different.Would he feel good? Would he feel bad?/Scared and depressed or positive?/Lots of mucous or not so much/chills or sweats/able to keep food down or not?

Yes, it is a huge roller coaster.It shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I think the radiation treatment, though a godsend, must be awful to go through and then for those weeks after it's finished you're never allowed to fell all is OK for too long !! But Pat shuld take comfort in the fact that nothing you have mentioned sounds unexpected or unusual to other members as a whole, although some may not have had exactly the same side-effects as Pat.

Pat is also hugely advantaged by having a great carer. I hope you've been able to enjoy your holidays, and been able to let go of the worry for a while. Best wishes to you both, Linda

Brother 49yo DX 22/6/11 Tonsil SCC HPV+ Stage IV T4N1(?)M0. Carbo/docetaxel (Taxotere)19/7, 11/8 (with E-tux), 1/9; E-tux 11/8, 25/8, 15/9, 30/9, 14/10, 28/10; IMRT X 35 (70gy tumour;63gy nodes;56gy gen area) 19/9-4/11/11. Clear PET scan 1/2/12. 1 and 2 year post treatment checks good.