Gloria,
Thank you for responding to my post. I don't know yet what kind of chemo I will be getting. I have a appointment on the 16th with the chemo doctor and he will go over all that then I imagine. My surgeon said this tumor is on the back of my tongue, and the biopsy will tell if it is from the original or a whole different one. I am trying to stay positive but still having a hard time wrapping my head around another cancer only 5 months after my surgery. thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

Paul,
Your kind words mean so much to me, and I am holding out hope that this tumor will turn out to be benign when they do the biopsy. Thank goodness my surgeon gave me some pain meds, as this was the first weekend in a while I was actually able to have some relief from the constant pain. I actually feel quite normal today for the first time in over a month or so. If you have the time can you please tell me what to expect from the radiation and chemo? I am trying to prepare myself mentally.
Again, thank you for your kindness shown.

Christine,
I appreciate so much you always taking the time to respond to my post. Right now I am overwhelmed and just don't know what to expect for what lies ahead. If you could give me any info on what to expect on this journey, I would be very grateful.

Camille

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed