Hello everyone,
Well today I come home from work to a message on my answering machine to call the insurance girl at my doctor's office. I call and she tells me my insurance has denied my surgery which is scheduled for a week from today. I am devastated and don't know what to do, and am really confused on why they would deny it. She didn't have much info to give me other than they want to speak to my doctor about what he plans to do and why he plans to do this. I just don't understand because they approved the chest x-rays, blood work, CT scan, and PET scan. Why would they then deny the surgery? I tried calling my insurance company but of course they were gone for the day. I will call first thing in the morning, but now I am really even more stressed and feel I am at my breaking point. Has anyone here had to deal with this or have any suggestions on what i should do with my surgery so close now? I know I have to get this surgery as this has gone on a while now, but know we won't have the money to pay all this outright. I am so down tonight and just feel like everything is just weighing on me so heavy. I am so tired of the constant pain when trying to eat, drink, or even talk and not being able to sleep at night, and now this. Please keep me in your prayers that this will out work out o.k. for me.
Camille

Also this doesn't make much sense either...my insurance paid the pathologist fee, and the oral surgeon's fee, but they denied the fee for the biopsy. I don't understand that at all either
How can you have a pathology report without a biopsy? Just more stress when I don't need it..

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed