Hello everyone,
I had my post op appointment yesterday and just wanted to give a update. All I can say is I feel so fortunate! My doctor said he got all the cancer from my tongue with clear borders so no more cancer there at all. He took 34 lymph nodes out of my neck and 1 node was a very hard, ugly, cancerous mass measuring about 1 centimeter but the node was still totally encapsulated so the cancer did not spread and he was able to remove the node totally intact. All of the other nodes were negative. He removed the drain tube from my neck and that was such a relief to get that out. I was actually able to sleep for a full night last night since last Tuesday. He downgraded my cancer from stage 3 to stage 2 since there was no spread. I will be seeing a radiation oncologist within the next 2-3 weeks because my doctor just wants him to go over my file and confer that at this time he agrees with him that nothing further is needed. I will see my doctor every 3 months from now on. My neck is still very sore as is my tongue but it is getting better every day and I am starting to eat more each day. Today is my first day back at work and it just feels so good to feel somewhat normal again. My speech is still a little slurry on some words and my neck and right side of my face are still numb and swollen but I can live with that. Each day is a joy and i will take it one day at a time and be grateful for every day. Thank you to all the very special people here for your kind thoughts, prayers, and concern, and just know you are all in my thoughts each and every day.

Camille

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed