Dear MrsSmitty, Christine, and everyone who has been so kind to reply and send positive thoughts and prayers,
I am relieved to say the surgery is now behind me. Monday was very stressful because at my pre op appointment I still did not know if my insurance company was going to reverse the denial for my surgery My doctor was livid about them denying it but once they found out the pet scan showed a suspicious node in my neck and he added on the neck dissection, they then approved it. That was just so unreal hearing it was denied.

I had my surgery Wednesday afternoon at 4:30 and it took about 3 a day half hours. My doctor said he got all the cancer out of the tongue and it had clear borders and he was able to stitch my tongue up saving my nerves and most all of my tongue. He said the one node was a really ugly, hard mass and he was glad he got that out and took additional lymph nodes and a wide margin I hopes he got it all. They kept me overnight in the hospital and I was released Thursday afternoon . I have a drainage tube in my neck which will be removed at y post op appointment on Monday and boy will I be glad to get rid of that. It is uncomfortable and makes it hard to sleep comfortably.

My tongue feels very big but I guess that is par for the course and neck is swollen. The weird thing is my ear on that side feels very late though it isn't so I am guessing it is nerves I have been able to eat soup jello, pudding etc and I have pain mess so all in all I am hanging in there. Guess I will find out on Monday if additional treatment is needed. Right now just thank goodness the surgery is behind me Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers MrsSmitty that you get good news. You are doing the right thing by not ignoring it.

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed