Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you have to deal with oral cancer. However, all of us here have dealt with it one way or another, so we know and understand what you're going through.

Since you only had the CT scan and PET scan on Friday, I would think the treatment should depend on those results rather than on the scope. So, you may have to prepare for a possible change of plans. I agree with Christine that you should consider a second opinion at a CCC. There the doctors work as a team and there are treatment protocols that they have to follow. You will probably benefit from other services there, such as a dietitian or counseling at any point if you need it.

When my husband was diagnosed, we were told that the timeline given by the government (I'm in Canada) for oral cancer patients was to get them to start treatment in six weeks. Those weeks actually flew by. We saw the radiation oncologist, the medical oncologist, the dental oncologist (all at the same hospital), had the teeth checked, mask made, and then the first treatment started. My husband was followed by a dietitian all through to make sure he was eating enough. I really can't think where else we could get that kind of service.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.