Hi everyone,
I had my appointment last Friday with the radiation oncologist and got great news. I don't have to have any radiation! I feel so very lucky. I had about a 50 minute consultation and he went over everything in great detail, and concluded that the negative effects of radiation far outweighed the need for it looking at all my results at this time. He said the cancer was removed completely from my tongue with clear borders and the 1 lymph node in my neck with the cancer was very small...less than 1 centimeter. The other 33 nodes removed were all negative and he said my surgeon got extra large clear borders in my neck. I will now be followed every 3 months and will definitely get myself in right away if I notice the least little thing.
It has now been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling pretty much back to normal and eating normally again. My neck is getting better and the glue is finally starting to come off so the tightness isn't as bad as before. Still have a lot of excess saliva, but feel i don't have anything to complain about. My thoughts are with everyone here that you will all be healing quickly and have many good days ahead.
Camille

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed