Hi everyone,
I have a question hopefully Christine or someone here can answer. I had my tongue surgery and neck dissection on May 3, and the 4th of August had my 3 month check-up. My surgeon said I am doing excellent and coming along very good. where previously the whole right side of my head, including my ear was numb and felt very weird, now the feeling has returned to it. It now feels a little sore and especially at night as I like to sleep on that side, I have noticed over the last several days my head hurts on that side and also my ear every so often. It seems to ease up once I get up out of bed. Just wondering if this could be the nerves in that area coming back. Like I said I just saw my surgeon on the 4th who examined me thoroughly and said all looked great. don't want to run back to the doctor if this is normal and to be expected, but also don't want to let it go if this is not normal. Thank you all so much for any info anyone can offer. In the meantime will go take some Advil.
Camille

February 2017 saw 2 different dentist for ulcer on tongue. Was told by both it was a bite
March 10 biopsy done by oral surgeon
March 17 biopsy results are keratanizing squamous cell carcinoma
May 3 partial glossectomy and right modified radical neck dissection
May 8 post op appt. given news in surgery 34 nodes removed from neck, 1 with cancer but still encapsulated and had not spread
drainage tube out and feeling pretty good!
May 26 appt. with radiation oncologist- No rads needed