Very good news! I had the results of my first follow-up PET-CT, following my treatment for my metastatic recurrence in my chest, and my Oncologist told us that the result 'could not be better'. No sign of any active disease at all.

There was evidence of some scarring and residual irritation from radiation, but this is not a surprise. I do still have some of what we're calling 'pleurisy' - chest pain on deep breath, but this moderated two weeks ago and is not on the minor side of moderate, and knowing that it's 'only' pleurisy means I'm okay with that!

I'll have my first follow-up scan in three months. Then, barring trouble, another in 6 months after that.

Yay!

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.