Hi everybody. Just checking in. I'm half-way done my post-chemo radiotherapy treatments and so far am having little if any side-effects! Ironically my head hair is thinning now, which is a late-onset side effect of the chemo, but so far it looks 'ok'. If it thins too much more I may just shave my head, which I've always wanted to try anyway but have never been brave enough. At least, this is what I'm telling myself!

Still working, resumed bicycle commuting last week. Can tell I've been off the bike for a month, but otherwise that goes well, and now that Spring has finally (finally!) appeared in London, it's far preferred to the Tube and bus network.

Met with my Oncologist last week so my parents could meet him, and he said he was 'extremely' happy with how my tumour has responded to the chemo, and clarified that the tumour is not in the airways part of my lung at all, but instead is next to the lung and had pressed the lung over, but the lung will expand like a balloon back into that space as the tumour shrinks. This had not been quite clear to me until he described it to my parents. I may have some collateral irritation in my lung where by necessity the radiation passes in/out, but this should heal up. They are hitting me from three angles to minimise the collateral damage, of course.

Cheers,

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.