Time for another update from London! Doing well on GDC-0980 Day 21 of Cycle 1, Dose 16. So far no side effects to speak of. Maybe a bit of heartburn if I eat a large meal, but that may just be my poor choices. Might have had a touch of the runs a while back, but this has settled without treatment. Hardest part is the fasting.

Today I'll be in the hospital all day as this afternoon I also get a PET scan. This scan is for the trial and is not 'diagnostic' for me, but they've just agreed that the radiologist will discuss the results with me anyway.

All other indications are good, blood levels of everything 'normal', physicals look good, basically nothing is going sideways.

My cancer symptoms seem stable to me, so can't say I feel marked improvement yet (this would be early days anyway) but I can also say I don't feel worse. I'm still working and still cycling to work.

I got up at 4 this morning so I could have breakfast and coffee before starting my fast at 5. Because of the PET scan I will end up fasting through probably 3 in the afternoon. Right now it's just after 11 a.m. and I'm hungry and getting a mild headache, but that's all down to the fasting and nothing else.

In another week I get a CT scan which they will use to try to decide if this is working or not.

Cheers,

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.