Update. Just shy of one week from end of chemo round 1 and I feel better than I expected to. It was far from pleasant, but at its worst on Friday, 15 March amounted to nausea (quickly medicated), low grade 'hangover', and heartburn. I completed round one on Sunday night, and by Thursday evening felt almost normal. My digestion is 'slow' so I need to avoid large meals, but I can taste and enjoy food, and I returned to work late last week.

The debate of in-hospital vs. go home for chemo drip, debate, has some interesting angles. Depending on one's insurance, there could be a clear cost implication, but that (so far) is not a worry in my case. Regarding hospital acquired infection, yes, fair point, but would you rather be in a hospital where they can immediately put you on IV antibiotics if needed, or home, where you'd have to slam yourself back into hospital in crisis mode, to get on the same IV antibiotics? Of course, the lowest immune system point was probably yesterday anyway, when I'm home.

So far so good. Three more to go.

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.