Hi guys,

To the several questions; no confirmatory biopsies yet, I have a question out to my Oncologist as to the latest thoughts on the one spot on my bowel (as opposed to the numerous spots around my left pleura). To my understanding I've had my lifetime dose of radiation; no more rads for me, at least not in this area.

One interesting twist to all of this is that in order to participate in the trial it must be handled as an NHS (National Health Service - UK public health program) case (I've so far had my treatments under private insurance) so administratively there is a change (although my oncologist will continue to follow me, and is happy to meet as and when), and under the trial I will have a 'tumour' person among many others. At this point they are trying to determine if the biopsy that was collected earlier this year of the single tumour between my left lung and aorta will suffice for 'typing' as well as they will map the genetic blah blah blah as part of this study. I figure if there is any doubt, or if that sample is inadequate, they'll be taking more, and of course I'm fine with this. I do want them to be as certain as possible that this 'targeted' therapy is aimed at the correct target!

Early days as we say over here. All of this (learning I'm a likely candidate for the trial) happened just this past Friday, it's now Monday morning. The Season has begun, multiple holiday lunches and parties this week already, and all the while trying to work and waiting for my phone to ring with some or other instruction from the medicos. Never a dull moment around here!

Cheers,

-Seth

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.