Hi everybody,

I'm doing generally quite well now, three weeks post final radiation treatment. I *have* developed a pain in my chest, sort of under the tips of my ribs on the treatment side, which spikes when I take a deep breath or squeeze all the air *out* of my lungs, but my Oncologist isn't too concerned, says this could be any sort of post radiation irritation, and my own research online points to similar possible side-effects up to 6 months following radiation. So far it's only a problem while I'm bicycle commuting, when I would normally take deeper breaths.

But, I'm back to work full time and back to eating whatever I fancy. In fact, it's surprising to me that it's only been three weeks since my last radiotherapy treatment. I need to occasionally remind myself what I've been through, and that I'm almost certainly still recovering.

Summer has finally come to London, and it's now time to go for a walk along the Thames with my wife.

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.