Hi everybody, the news from my CT scan last Wednesday is pretty good. The radiologist told me that she sees no progression, and slight (5%) shrinkage in a few spots, of my 'solid tumours'.

Yay!

The slight fly in the ointment is that they can see fluid accumulation that is new and they can't really explain, but is probably an inflammatory reaction by my body to, well, cancer perhaps? This does explain the return of some pleural pain for the past two weeks or so, which I think is getting better now.

This was all based on a very quick meeting with the radiologist on last Wednesday afternoon and is not the 'official' word from the team, but she assured me it would be the same outcome.

She said as good results go she gives this a 7 out of 10, and they will recommend continuing the trial.

During all of this I came down with a cold last Monday evening and then travelled to Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides, Scotland with my wife and a friend on Thursday (so, the day after I had the above news), but this cold has moved deep into my chest to the point I struggled to muster enough air to blow my nose and I went in to A&E last night and they gave me some antibiotics in case there's more than a typical virus going on. So at the moment I'm a coughing wheezing mess, but I think I'm on the mend. We travel back to London tomorrow evening (Monday).

Presumably I'll start Cycle 3 on Wednesday and have more news in about a month!

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.