In my travels, I have had the privileged to have met 3 OC patients who have all gone thru rads 3 times. The docs tell us all with only one round of rads we have had our lifetime max. With enough time between recurrences and slightly different locations of the recurring tumors, my 3 friends have done rads 3 times all being treated at CCCs. Just an example of how individual each patient really is, 3 rounds of rads has been done in certain cases here in the US. My intent is not to second guess your doctors, as I do see in your signature you have done rads twice. Its simply to let you know 3 times has been done before to a few patients that I know both from the OCF forum and in person. Here in the US there is also cyberknife, brachytherapy, tomotherapy and the davinci robot as other tools in some locations. Your study sounds very promising, I hope it works! Thank you for being willing to give it a try, this helps all future OC patients in finding another method of treating this awful beast.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy