Hello Seth:
I'm 2 months new to the forum family and brand new to your thread. Since I'm just barely halfway through radiation therapy I'm only just beginning to be able to look down the road to post treatment or heaven forbid recurrence.

I suppose what I am most interested in is how people emotionally handle recurrence. If others are like me this first round of battle with the demon hasn't taken too much of a toll on my psyche, I've been able to stay upbeat and positive throughout it pretty easily.

So, when I came across your thread Round Two it definitely got my attention, kind of an exactly what I was looking for kind of moment. And I wasn't disappointed, you have been able to maintain a tremendous positive attitude throughout the battle and better yet a desire to share it with others.

I wish I had enough knowledge of this demon to give you a valuable tip that would make your life easier, but I don't. What I do have is an appreciation for the strength that you've show throughout this battle. You have made it much easier for me to envision being equally strong should recurrence happen to me.

Good luck with the rest of your journey, I will be keeping an eye open for your thread.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good