It is with clinched teeth, I am posting this because disagreeing with Brian is like disagreeing with God. But, I have to take issue with his reply to Jen. 1st of all, we are all gonna die of something-hopefully old age-but maybe that isn't so great either. The nursing homes in this country are stuffed full of those who have outlived their family's capabilities of caring for them. 2nd-I believe the calorie consumption issue has to be addressed at each stage of your recovery. My husband's 1st IMRT was May 25th- the last July 8th. Today, Dec 7th, I can just about see every bone in his body. His mouth is a wreck and we are struggling each day to get good or Any calories into him. And that includes beer and wine. When he gets past this, say 6 months from now, then we will start counting "fat calories, etc." again. John's feeling is he would rather have a heart attack than starve to death. His stomach will only tolerate so much ice cream [shakes, etc.]In this discussion, I think we should delineate between those just trying to rebound from tx. and those who are far enough out to be more concerned about the kind of calories they are consuming. Love ya Brian. [and Mark and Gary too! Wish I could hug you guys in person}Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: