Nelie - We are far afield from our discussion. Its no wonder Glenn is getting grumpy. Lets just try to agree that numbers that link alcohol use to cancer may not be conclusive. Further, trying to tie continued alcohol use to cancer recurrance is going to need a bit more study before most of us are going to be willing to change our drinking behaviors - whatever they might now be.

Glenn - my personal views about drinking are not myopic. My opinions formed over many years with a wide variety of experiences, both personal and professional. If you don't like my views, thats fine. If my humor offends you, my apologies. But don't trump my participation with anger or indignation. And please don't tackle tough personal problems armed only with computer posts from people you know little about. Discussion IS valuable, even when it drifts. Its how we learn and grow.

Alcohol use is a very tough topic. And there ARE several people here who are worth listening to on the subject. Don't let the rhetoric or the banter dim the learning. Minds are like parachutes. They work best when open. Tom

SCC BOT, mets to neck, T4.
From 3/03: 10wks daily multi-drug chemo,
Then daily chemo with twice daily IMRT for 12 weeks - week on, week off. No surgery. New lung primary 12/07. Searching out tx options.