Nelie, Business and Politics!

Ultimately someone has to pay for the study and even scientists want to get wages. The challenge I see is that pure science is very slow to think outside the box or be creative (and that may be better for pure statisticians). Private enterprise has to get there faster, better and more profitable. So they do what they can.

Glenn, I have a file folder filled with just those kind of replies! Perhaps we have the makings of "OCF Outtakes" laugh

Actually my file has also got several letters to my customers, suppliers, editorial staff at the local rag (newspaper), certain family members, etc. I think it is healthy to type them, read them, then tear them up and throw them away. A wise friend of mine does this every new year: on a small piece of paper, writes the name of anyone that has wronged him in any way along with what ever they did. Then one evening, starts a fire and one by one throws them in the fire never to be considered again. Very theraputic. (and for some, a serious fire hazard)

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.