Barb,

I think I know how you feel (unfortunately). Just 9 days after my diagnosis, my husband of 23 years died suddenly. Needless to say, this was the time in my life where I needed the most love and support. Unfortunately, our friends (of my husband and me) just couldn't deal with a 45 year old widow, no less a widow with CANCER! My God, you would have thought I was typhoon Mary or something! Most of them didn't just walk away - they RAN away as fast as they could. Sure, they were there at the services, hugging me, crying with me and promising to call me, but then they just disappeared. I'm still pretty hurt by it but try not to think of it as "my" lose, but "their" lose. Thankfully I have had the loving support of my son and my family. It sounds like your daughter has a lot of bottled up feelings that stem from your husband's death and just can't deal with you having cancer. Hopefully she'll come around and realize that not only have you always been there for her, but have every expectation to continue to be there for her. I'd try sending her a card that might just simply say, I love you and I'm here for you. Barb, you've come so far in your journey that I'd hate to see this consuming you and beating you down. Try to keep your spirits up. Remember, we're here for you!

Big hugs, Nancy

Stage IV oral cancer (tongue), T3N2, total glossectomy with right and left modified neck dissection 7/03, rad /chemo ended 11/03