Virginia & dryfly, my dad was dx 5/05 with stage IV scc base of tounge, eppiglotis, back of throat and met to lymphs on both sides. He has not started treatment yet, probably next week. He will be having chemo (not sure which one yet) and rad every day for 6 weeks, sometimes 2x a day. I know what you mean and I feel for you. I never realized how much I really loved my dad until this came up. He was misdiagnosed as well by an ENT in the ER at our local hospital. They said he had acid reflux. He had been dealing with a very sore throat for 2 years but never had any medical coverage. Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC had a free cancer screening a few months ago and he went and they told him he needed to be followed up, thats when the dx came. Thankfully, he got medical assistance from the hospital to be treated. I am doing whatever I can to help my dad but also trying to be support for my mom. My dad has always taken care of everyone so this is drastic for us. I cry when im away from him too. I have only been here for a few days and already I have found a wealth of information and support from these wonderful people. Keep your head up and stay strong. Time passes quickly.
Prayer and hugs
Sara

Second care giver for my dad who has SCC stage 4, diagnosed 5/18/05, met to epiglottis, base of tounge, throat and lymph nodes bi laterally. IMRT 5 days a week and sisplatin every other week for 6 1/2 weeks started July 20, 2005