Virginia
Pete was the same , he would not come to the board , head in the sand worked just fine for him.I used to just print and leave lying around ( under his nose ) anything I thought he really needed to see.
People are strange when it comes to dealing with cancer, some do not do not know what to say others say too much!
I had one of my clients , I am a hairdresser , tell me , "He`s not going to make it , you know that don`t you ?"
Silly old woman , she did not have a clue what she was talking about. Boy did I have to bite my tongue , and I am NOT a diplomatic person by nature so it was very hard!
The Amifostine is for when he starts radiation and a lot of people have difficulty with it. I believe most Doc`s prescribe it now.
I also found the nurses in the cancer center were my best allies, they deal more personally with the patients and can answer most of your questions.
You can handle this Virginia but, please let you family and friends help carry the load for you . They need to feel useful too.
Take Care
Marica

Caregiver to husband Pete, Dx 4/03 SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV. Chemo /Rad no surgery. Treatment finished 8/03. Doing great!