Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for your words of support. It really makes me feel better to know there are survivors out there. I fluctuate from being really hopeful to being really tearful. I have never prayed so much in my life. Doug got his port in today and I know I should be happy but I find myself crying. I should be happy as it seems like forever waiting for treatment to start, but I guess deep down I'm just afraid. And you know what? I'm an RN and you'd think that I'd be as tough as nails. I'm trying to be strong and happy in front of him as I know how important a positive attitude is but when I'm alone, I find myself so upset. Anyway, radiation starts tomorrow. They are going to be aggressive and he will not be receiving IMRT as they feel that the regular radiation will give him more of a chance at survival. He'll be receiving that twice a day for 5 and a half weeks. His neck is so hard and swollen bilaterally. Does this swelling and hardness resolve fairly quickly? I appreciate any info anyone can provide. Once again, thank you all, and thanks to this website.
Sincerely,
Virginia

Virginia