Frank, This is the reason that patients should not receive their reports without professional interpretation and guidance. I guess it was an accident for you to get it then. HOWEVER, you DID receive it, and it was their fault that you did, so now I would call tomorrow and insist on a consultation to explain them and to ask the ENT for direction. I think that you need to go ahead and get the CT scan and hear the analysis.

OR....you can call MDAnderson and ask their advice. Ask if you should go ahead and get the CT locally (or in N.O.) or if it would be better to come there and begin a workup, beginning with the PET scan and letting them do the CT.

I am told that LSU's head and neck department has moved totally to Baton Rouge. You can check with Splenda on this forum about that. She lives in Madisonville, close to Covington on the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain. I went to her prosthodontist in BR, and he told me that his business has really picked up now that the H and N Department has moved there.

My surgery was done at LSU in Shreveport. I went to MDA for some second opinions after my surgery, but they agreed that my treatment was appropriate.

If I have more cancer, I will go to MDAnderson for sure. It is not far from you in Houma. I just had a minor surgical (not cancer-related) procedure done in Houston this past week, and the drive is nothing much.

With LSU in disarray, I would go to MDA and know that I had gotten the best advice.

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!