Are dentists requires to check for this in a routine exam? I haven't been to the dentist in many years. I think that this disease would get people to their 6 month check up with bells on! I know the rest of my family will keep their appointments at the dentist. Especially my 16 year old son!

You know the silly part about my situation... I debated which doctor to go to. It was on my lip so is that for the dermatologist? Dentist? GP? Oral Surgeon? It seems like it took me a few days to decide on a doctor once I finally decided taht I should have this thing checked out. I chose the dermatologist. I arrived for my appointment and had it removed. It was so routine. Then as of Thursday my life has appeared to change.

BTW - any idea why my dermatologist is sending me to an ENT? Is an ENT better equipped to handle these things? I guess the real question I am asking is should I be seeing a different type of doctor? An oncologist? An oral surgeon?

Thanks!

South Louisiana - Cancerous growth removed from lip 10/07. Lesion removal & biopsy done 11/7/07 - no signs of cancer in area. PET scan done. No signs of cancer in Head & neck. Something in chest. CT to be done 12/20/07