Welcome, Frank, from another Louisianan. I am from Alexandria, and there are several other bayou folks on this forum.

No, you are NOT premature to post. You are worried, and rightfully so, and whatever comfort, and assurance we can give you, we are ready to give.

I hope that you can get to see the ENT tomorrow, or else you will have an anxious weekend. If that's the case, write to us here, and then go and tune in the LSU-Alabama game. THAT should take your mind off your troubles for a while.

Seriously, please stay in touch and never feel that your problems are not serious enough to need the comfort and advice offered here. We grieve when someone has a terrible situation, and we rejoice when it turns out that someone was mistaken and doesn't have cancer, or finds that they are cancer-free after treatment.

...and in between, we know exactly what you are feeling at each step of the way, even now. You will be fine. Try to put yourself into "neutral" on the subject, since there is nothing at all that you can do now.

Write whenever you are worried. There will be someone here who has the same problem.

You can also use the search feature.

You can also start a new thread, using a more specific subject line....like "Anybody else have cancer on their lip?" ..something like that...and see who answers.

Good luck. I hope you get to see someone tomorrow, and I hope you get good news. If so, let us know, and if not, then let us know that too, and let us walk with you on the journey.

XO--Colleen

Colleen--T-2N0M0 SCC dx'd 12/28/05...Hemi-maxillectomy, partial palatectomy, neck dissection 1/4/06....clear margins, neg. nodes....no radiation, no chemo....Cancer-free at 4 years!