Rose. Sounds like you are recovering really well considering what you have been through, congratulations.

A few comments. On savoury foods, I have found “smoky” flavours easy to distinguish. Had a split pea soup that had some kind of smoked ham in it yesterday. Tasty. Also had some smoked salmon the other day that was tasty. Maybe that very savoury taste would get through?

Dating. Are you kidding? Scars are skin deep. With what you have been through, you are, I don’t know, a warrior? Warrior princess? How attractive is that? You are young and healing quickly, I suspect many dating prospects will enter your life soon, especially as you re enter “target rich” environments - like the workforce?

Jobs. The economy right now sucks - no doubt about that. This will change and the world will need more people who can cope with adversity - like warrior princesses! When things settle down, jobs will materialize - timing is unknown but be as ready as you can be. Meanwhile, hang in there and keep recovering.

Preliminary diagnosis of SqCC at base of tongue August 2, 2019.
Biopsy surgery on August 15
Confirmed sqcc from biopsy Aug 20 - hpv type 16
33 radiation treatments ended October 25, 2019.
3 (large dose) cisplatin treatments.