Hey Rose,

Trust us all when we say the mucus will eventually go. I'm just 7 weeks post rads and the mucus has reduced drastically. I get moments of dry mouth, so carry around a bottle of water everywhere I go.

Even without a tongue, you will learn to eat. I am currently learning. I'm like a child when my husband has dinner as I want to try things. It's brilliant. You will get there. As Christine said, when your body wants to sleep, get some sleep. It really helps. Week 3 post rads is the week when you feel different, a little bit better. There are times when you will take a step back in recovery, this is normal as your body adjusts. It won't last for long.

With your speech, you will find there are certain letters and words you will never be able to pronounce. For example I can't say DOG as I can't say pronounce 'D' or 'G', but I'm having fun finding replacement words. Dog is now 'woofer' or 'woof woof', people understand me then. Also speaking slower than you would normally speak helps with your prounciation. Practise your alphabet or saying words out loud, even to singing to your favourite songs will help.

You've got through surgery and radiotherapy, neither of which are small feats, they are huge! You are amazing to have done that. Having no tongue isn't the end, it's a new chapter of your life and you will come through this dark patch because you are a fighter.

F 39 x-smoker no alcohol
05/20/19 T4aN1/N2bM0 SCC a whopper of a tumour at 8cm long & 4cm wide
Pembro pre & post surgery
RIG
Glossectomy ND RFFR 08/13/19
RT x33
2x cispltin
So far, no evidence of disease
Now an author of a recipe book for mouth cancer patients