Hi all,

Quick question - has anyone ever had a nickel sized red, sore bump occur along an incision line following head and neck surgery? My operation was in late September 2019. The bump appeared last week. I am taking antibiotics and have an appointment to see my doctor January 30th. Hoping to hear from people who had a similar experience. I'm freaking out because I don't want the incision scar to open and I don't know what it is.

In other news, I am officially beginning week 4 post radiation. I've gained a pound and am beginning to swallow again. I can swallow liquids and soft solids. I'm working on swallowing squash puree, cranberry juice, and soft bread dipped in melted butter. My energy is coming back and the mucus is much more manageable. I am taking it slow and haven't tried to bike, run, or practice yoga yet. I am hoping to try yoga/biking this week. Still using the peg for sustenance, meds, and water - hoping next week to increase the amount of liquid I am ingesting by mouth. Sending positive, healing vibes to you all. I check this website every day and draw so much comfort from this community.